by Narendra Gupta.
- Salman Khan’s will see a pay cut for YRF’s “Tiger 3”. It is the need and demand of the hour as no production house can afford to pay what A-listers were demanding before the pandemic.
- Ishaan Khatter is all set to play Brigadier Balaram Singh Mehta, who played an important part in the 1971 war against Pakistan that eventually led to the creation of Bangladesh. Titled “Pippa”, the upcoming movie is being produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Sidharth Roy Kapur.The film based on Brigadier Mehta’s book, The Burning Chaffees.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan shared the good news that the couple is expecting a second baby.They will welcome their second child around March 2021.
- Vikrant Massey and Kriti Kharbanda will be pairing up for the first time in this quirky, contemporary social comedy titled “14 Phere “.This film will be produced by Zee Studios, directed by Devanshu Singh and written by Manoj Kalwani, slated to release on July 9, 2021.
- Akshay Kumar has pledged to donate Rs. 1 crore each to Bihar and Assam Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. Akshay spoke to Chief Ministers of Bihar and Assam on Thursday, August 13th ,2020 and pledged to donate Rs. 1 crore in order to help the victims of the floods.
- Kapil Sharma is all set for a digital debut soon with a web-show for Sony LIV app. The show is a proper comedy and not a stand-up show on the lines of his TV stint.
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant announced that the International Film Festival of India(IFFI) will be held in November,2020 as scheduled in Goa. Every year IFFI is held in Goa in the last week of November. However, the opposition party of Congress said that it is not advisable to host IFFI in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and urged the state government to reconsider its decision.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) raised objection over the presentation of gender bias in the film, Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, former IAF pilot Gunjan Saxena, on whose life the film is based. Gunjan has opened up about her experience at the Air Force as compared to what has been portrayed in the commercial film. She says she had support of fellow officers, supervisors, and commanding officers.She said that the film as a commercial movie or as a work of fiction has creatively captured her story.
- Parth Samthaan has decided to opt-out of the show “Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 “as he wants to focus on his health and other projects. Ekta Kapoor has been trying to persuade Parth into retainment but the actor has expressed his wish to opt-out.
- Ranvir Shorey and Konkona Sen Sharma are now officially divorced and were granted a divorce on August 13th 2020.They will have joint custody of their eight-year-old son, Haroon.
varun sushant cbi
- Varun Dhawan, Sooraj Pancholi and Parineeti Chopra have posted Instagram stories calling for a CBI inquiry into Sushant Singh Rajput ’s death. Several other bollywood personalities have also offered their support to the cause on social media.
- Sonu Nigam is performing on a live indoor music concert with ‘Covid-consciousness’. It is an indoor Bollywood music concert since the pandemic started for the Indian Diaspora and Bollywood lovers in Dubai. The special live concert will see Bollywood sensation, Sonu Nigam, together with an 18-piece international ensemble of performers and musicians perform in this once-in-a-lifetime live music event on Friday, 21st of August, 2020 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
- Amitabh Bachchan planted a Gulmohar sapling in his garden, in the memory of his later mother Teji. He also shared a few pictures on Instagram, to update his fans and social media followers.
- ”Nach Baliye 10”, which is produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions has been pushed by six months due to the outbreak of coronavirus.The decision was taken considering the risk involved and with minimum staff on board, it will get difficult for the production and the channel .
- Sonu Sood will now arrange for the travel of 39 children from Philippines to New Delhi, for their liver transplant surgery.Several underprivileged Filipino children suffering from a liver disease called biliary atresia, haven’t been able to travel to Delhi to have the surgery due to the pandemic.
- Sooraj Pancholi and parents of Disha Salian have filed separate complaints with Mumbai Police against actor Puneet Vashisht. In their complaint, they have accused Puneet of defamation on his Facebook account and linkingSooraj to the deaths of Sushant Singh Rajput and Disha Salian. Disha Salian’s parents filed a complaint at Malwani police station accusing Vashisht of defamation.